Now add electronic drum pads to your acoustic kit without the pads.
We've taken the bulky e-drum pad and rolled it into a convenient bar for tight spaces. This utility triggering bar mounts right onto any standard drum hoop. Rides (or piggybacks) on the outside of acoustic drums. Simply attach using 2 tuning lugs (tension rods) as mounting points. It stays out of your way until needed. The striking surface remains about 1 inch (25 mm) above drum rim.
- Adds electronic drum capability to any acoustic drum.
- Sensitive to striking force for dynamic triggering.
- Made of durable rubber to withstand heavy abuse.
- Can be used to trigger any modern drum module. (not included)
- Approximately 12 inches (304 mm) in length.
- Fits most hoops with lugs spaced up to 9 inches (228 mm) apart.
- 7/32" mounting holes accommodate standard tension rods.
- Stable mounting brackets can be moved for proper fit.
- Uses standard 1/4" output jack for easy hookup.
Note: This item is not intended to be triggered using the kick drum pedal.
It is simply an add-on auxiliary trigger bar/pad which must be triggered
using a drum stick. In order for the kick drum head to become a
trigger, a Skin Link Trigger must be added directly to the head.
Remove two adjacent tension rods from the drum hoop. Insert those tension rods through the mounting holes of the triggering bar. Place the tension rods back into the drum hoop so that each mounting point sits on top of the drum hoop. Reposition the triggering bar mounting brackets as needed to line up with the holes in drum hoop. The triggering bar should stand above the drum rim. Re-tension the rods and tune the drum as desired.
This product was added to our catalog on Thursday 12 February, 2009.